Living Master Inspiration

10:42:00 AM


If it hasn't been obvious by now Richard Schmid is my favorite living master artists. The way he works with paint and brushstrokes, lost and found edges ( I really could go on forever) is just an amazing melody across the canvas.

I picture myself painting in his presence someday (fingers-crossed) but until that day I continue to study his books and lessons and paint with him in my mind's eye.

Here I have included a mastercopy of his Lilie's demo painting I created. Below is Richard with the original work. I am far and away from recreating the painting to the standard I would like but I learned so much insight from recreating it. It is so much fun to find new ways to make the paint and brush work for you. How exciting!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images