Painting Challenge Week Seven

9:16:00 AM



I am going to start off by admitting that I realize that I am behind yet again. The holidays are drawing nearer and the annual most stressful time-of-the-year has commenced. While trying to get as many projects done as possible outside of work, I am sorry to say my painting time has been sliced to a fraction at the moment, but I plan on catching up over the holiday break.

I have noticed lately that I have been drawn to more challenging subject matter, which is of course a good and a bad thing. Good for creating some brain work on how to tackle it, bad for frustration and potentially really bad paintings for a while, but that is how it goes.

One of my favorite quotes by Dan McCaw "There is no such thing as failed paintings, only failure to paint." is something I often think of when the going gets tough. It is important to remember that without failure there is no success, and if there is one thing I guarantee is that you will fail over and over again. It is those who accept this fact and use it as a learning experience and press on who will inevitably succeed. (I hope)

Weisenberger Bridge | 6"x8" | oil on canvas

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images