Painting Challenge Week Six

8:54:00 AM



Painting over old paintings is something I enjoy doing every now and then. I have never been one to waste a canvas or two, plus I just love the effect of letting the old painting seep through creating interesting variety and textures.

This week I played around with using thick paint. I pasted it on like butter and it was so interesting to see what different effects could be achieved using this technique. I must confess that I conserve paint far to often. Each tube is so expensive, to me at least, and I become afraid to use too much of it for fear of waste. Truth is I think I waste more paint this way, plus just look at those delicious textures that are created by using thick paint! How can you resist?!

The Dairy Barn | 7"x5" | $225

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images